100 Classic Hikes in New England
- Item #: 689
Maine / New Hampshire / Vermont / Massachusetts / Rhode Island / Connecticut
The wilderness of New England is a gold mine for hikers, offering an abundance of rolling hills, mountains, jagged coastline, and lakes. Historic trails are well-worn into the landscape, inviting outdoor enthusiasts to undertake epic backpacking adventures or short, satisfying day hikes.
Author Jeffrey Romano has been hiking for more than thirty years and is a native New Englander. This spectacular new guidebook guarantees a variety of wonderful hikes throughout the region, including jaunts on the Appalachian Trail, the lush hills of Maine, the White Mountains of New Hampshire, the Long Trail in Vermont, the Massachusetts seashore, the verdant forests of Connecticut, and the wildlife sanctuaries of Rhode Island.
Special features include:
* The most comprehensive, up-to-date hiking guide for New England
* Stellar trails for all levels of fitness and abilities, from day hikes close to metropolitan centers to more remote backpacking trips
* Full-color photos and topographical maps
* Trails-at-a-Glance chart helps you choose the perfect trip
- ISBN: 9781594851001
- Publisher: Mountaineers Books
- Publication date: April 1, 2010
- Pages: 253