Best Hikes with Kids: Connecticut, Massachusetts & Rhode Island
- Item #: 397
Big fun for little feet!
Climb to the top of a stone tower in a Connecticut state park, hike to a double waterfall in Massachusetts, and explore one of Rhode Island's ocean beaches. These are just a few of the highlights families (and anyone looking for an easy hike) will find in Best Hikes with Kids: Connecticut, Massachusetts & Rhode Island. Each outing highlights points of interest and opportunities for learning about nature on the trail.
* 80 hikes selected for kid appeal, accessible from urban areas
* Great for anyone seeking short, easy adventures
* Hikes range from 1 mile to 6 miles round-trip, with optional turnaround points for tired feet
* Trails rated according to difficulty for children
* Handy sidebars with information on animals, plants, geology, and fun activities near the hike
* Graphic, two-color layout provides key data at a glance
- ISBN: 9780898868722
- Publisher: Mountaineers Books
- Publication date: April 30, 2007
- Pages: 253